All Ben Nevis Grade 1's Linkup

Today I did this link that I've had my eye on for a while. The weather was stunning and it was great to be out on the Ben.
Looking up towards No. 5 Gully etc

I came up with the idea while looking at the Ben Nevis guidebook and realising that there aren't that many Grade 1's on the Ben! I had a look at the UKC Logbook list too and amalgamated the two. Not much info out there about Arch Gully, on Carn Dearg Summit Buttresses - quite cool with a big chockstone.

My Route:

Start North Face car park
Up No. 5 Gully
Down Colando Gully
Up Arch Gully
Down No. 4 Gully
Up No. 3 Gully
Down Tower Gully
Up East Gully of Douglas Boulder
Down West Gully of Douglas Boulder
Finish North Face car park

I didn't include CMD Arete as I think you can argue that its not really 'on' the Ben.

2hrs 51mins 08secs
16.8km
?1677m ascent

Under the chockstone in Arch Gully

On the plateau

Looking down Tower Gully

Looking back up Tower Gully

Observatory Gully

Looking down West Gully of Douglas Boulder


I took 2 light axes and used Salomon XA Alpine boot/shoes with strap on crampons.

Strava:
https://www.strava.com/activities/915691046


Lovely day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cairngorm 4000ers Record

Welsh 3000ers Record

Tranter's Round Record